We Are Removing Barriers To Education
A little goes a long way in some parts of the world. These figures equate to the average expenses for schooling in locations around the world. In specific countries, these numbers may be higher or lower.
- $0.24 A notebook and a pencil —an essential part of a girl's schooling.
- $3.30 A nutritious noon meal —often the only food children receive during the day that is essential to students' learning, and sometimes have to walk 3 miles in hot weather to and from school.
- $7.00 A set of textbooks to call her own.
- $13.00 One year of school tuition.
- $29.00 A set of school clothing—so a girl can confidently enter school. For some girls, who may have one shirt and shoes that are taped together, a new set of clothes can significantly boost her confidence and inspire her to achieve.
The reality is that a small amount of money can equate to a full year of school. $53.00—equates to sending a girl to school for one year in some parts of the developing world with everything she needs to be successful. With your help, we can make education a reality for girls and women around the world!